Zack Space campaign for Ohio Auditor of State announces endorsements from 30 Democratic Party Chairs
COLUMBUS -- Former U.S. Congressman and candidate for Ohio Auditor of State Zack Space today announced the personal endorsement of 30 Democratic Party county chairs across Ohio. The endorsing officials represent Ohio counties of all sizes and locations, from Michael Sexton in Franklin County to Dave Betras in Mahoning County and Willa O’Neill in Washington County.
“I’m running for Ohio Auditor of State to bring real change to Ohio’s broken political system. My campaign is working tirelessly to bring our message of reform to every corner of Ohio, and is guided by the idea that every Ohioan has a stake in rebuilding our democratic process, no matter their zip code or the size of their bank account,” said Space. “That’s why I am extremely proud and humbled by the strong and early support I have earned from these 30 grassroots leaders across our state.”
“Zack Space has been a friend to Athens County and Southeast Ohio for many years, both as our Congressman and in the private sector. As Chairman of the Athens County Democratic Party, I am proud to endorse his candidacy for Auditor of State,” said Athens County Democratic Party Chair John Haseley.
"Zack understands the blue collar values and backbones that make up my county and many others across our state. That's why I have not hesitated in supporting him,” said Sandusky County Democratic Party Chair Christopher Liebold.
“Zack Space has proven that he is committed to leading Ohio forward by bringing badly needed change in state government and taking his message everywhere. We need more bold leaders in Columbus, and for that reason, I gladly endorse Zack Space in his campaign for State Auditor,” said Montgomery County Democratic Party Chair Mark Owens.
Space’s campaign is highlighting the corrupting influence of money and campaign contributions in politics, as well as the destructive results associated with partisan gerrymandering. The Auditor’s office serves as a watchdog of taxpayer money and has broad investigatory power to examine the actions of state government.
A full list of endorsing chairs can be found below:
- Ashland County Chair Paula Watson
- Athens County Chair John Haseley
- Belmont County Chair Phil Wallace
- Butler County Chair Jocelyn Bucaro
- Carroll County Chair Jane Lindner
- Coshocton County Chair Breanne Smith
- Defiance County Chair Charles Bakle
- Erie County Chair Amy Grubbe
- Franklin County Chair Mike Sexton
- Fulton County Chair Frank Michalkiewicz
- Gallia County Chair Carole Roush
- Hamilton County Chair Tim Burke
- Hardin County Chair Michael Hubbell
- Harrison County Chair Richard Milleson
- Jefferson County Chair Frankie DiCarlantonio
- Knox County Chair Adam Gilson
- Lawrence County Chair Craig Allen
- Mahoning County Chair David Betras
- Monroe County Chair Heber Piatt
- Montgomery County Chair Mark Owens
- Morgan County Chair Brian McKee
- Muskingum County Chair Jack Boyd
- Pike County Chair David DeWitt
- Ross County Chair Dustin Proehl
- Sandusky County Chair Christopher Liebold
- Shelby County Chair Thomas Kerrigan II
- Stark County Chair Phil Giavasis
- Tuscarawas County Chair Gail Garbrandt
- Vinton County Chair Nick Rupert
- Washington County Chair Willa O’Neill